Wednesday, March 02, 2005
Every Wednesday is turning into our pizza night. This is due to Wednesday evening turning into a mad rush whereby we have to pick up both the children return home before getting Elliot to soccer training by 6pm. By the time P and Elliot return it is 7.30pm so a dinner that doesn't involve lingering at the dinner table is best because it is a long, long day for Elzaman.
We make the pizzas on some bought bases and use the Bazzar brand wholemeal bases or wholemeal lebanese bread for a healthier option than take-away pizza. My sister introduced me to the joys of grilled vegetables on pizzas with walnut and basil pesto too - zucchini, sweet potato, pumpkin, eggplant, mozzarella lovely.
However Wednesday night is a standard night, some pepperoni, olives, and anything else that might be chilling in the fridge, red onion, pesto, anchovies, ham, bacon, semi dried tomato it may end up on our Wednesday night standard pizza.
The tomato base is just Dolmios or Raguletto. Sometimes we need some easy standards this happens to be one of them.
Posted by Amanda at 8:14 PM
- ► 2006 (37)
- Can't resist posting a photograph of my second tar...
- I finally prepared some garlic infused oil to dab...
- The dessert wine bottle of garlic infused oil.
- Saturday and Sunday dinner.
- Chargrilled feta and ricotta stuffed yellow pepper...
- Char grilled sour dough, parmesan and basil plus....
- Saturday Morning 9am. We birthed and very soon a...
- Dutch babies
- Cooked pizza. Every Wednesday is turning into ou...
- Standard Wednesday night dinner: Preparing home ma...
- Elliot's favourite pasta: Meatballs and fettucine...
- Paul's favourite pasta dish: prosciutto, parsnip ...
- The Final Menu
- ▼ March (13)