Wednesday, January 26, 2005
2 shallots finely chopped
1 dessertspoon curry powder/garam masala
1 piece of garlic crushed
2 tbs tamarind paste
1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tbs honey
1 red chilli finely chopped.
Saute shallots and garlic, shrimp paste and chilli till shallots are soft. Add tamarind and peanut butter and curry powder, stir over heat for 1 minute. Add coconut milk and honey, stir till warm though.
When reheating the sauce add a drop of coconut milk so the sauce becomes liquid.
1 kilogram of chicken thigh fillet
1/2 cup of Kikoman teriyaki marinade
1/4 cup kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
3 pieces of garlic
canola oil 1/2 cup.
Cut the thigh fillet into bite sized pieces and place in a marinating dish. Peel and finely dice the garlic and scatter through the chicken pieces. Pour teriyaki marinade, kecap manis and canola oil over the chicken. Grind as much pepper as you desire over the mixture. Marinate for at least 24 hours ensuring you turn the chicken pieces.
Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 4 hours (this ensures the wood won't burn when you barbecue or grill the skewered chicken) . After the skewers have been soaked, thread chicken onto skewers, then barbecue till cooked.
To serve, see if your husband will part with one of the four bananas leaves on our new banana tree plant. Its worth it honey, its worth it!
Posted by Amanda at 7:52 PM
- ► 2006 (37)
- Indonesian banquet (or at least my family's versio...
- Beans and shredded coconut 400 gram of green ...
- Corn and prawn fritters 1 kilogram of cooked pr...
- Sayur pumkin
- Chicken satay Satay sauce 2 shallots finel...
- The Perfect Dinner.
- Many thanks
- At our table.
- Note the cheese ooze.
- Turkish bread lightly toasted in olive oil.
- Ahh - success. No sign of browning of the egg. T...
- Have started to roll the top of the omelette down....
- Adding a mixture of feta, cream cheese and chives ...
- How the surface of the omelette will look after yo...
- Pressing the egg mixture with the tines of the for...
- Egg mixture hits the warmed omelette pan.
- By demand " How to make the perfect omelette"
- P's "manly" breakfast note the chillie sauce and s...
- Breaking my fast Well actually that was the f...
- ▼ January (19)