Wednesday, July 06, 2005
I made these canapes on Sunday night before P's mother and grandmother came for some roast lamb. We didn't have lunch so I decided to serve something very light to cut our appetites before serving the main course so I had to come up with whatever I happened to have on hand.
There are only two types of canapes here - one is smoked salmon,caper, chives and sour cream and the other is blue cheese, walnut and pear. I served the salmon on some little toasts I made by cutting out some circles of bread (I used multi-grain because that's all we had but any bread is fine) brushing the circles with some garlic oil on both side and putting on a tray in the oven for 5 minutes till crisp. The cheese is served on a falwasser cracker.
I actually quite like the idea of serving an assortment of canapes before a main course in the place of an entree however most the time if it is a leisurely dinner I will do about 4-6 only to have with some champagne over the years between my sister-in-law and her husband and P and I we have come up some tasty morsels.
Posted by Amanda at 12:45 PM
- ► 2006 (37)
- Honey-roasted pumpkin and spinach risotto
- A "special" meal. Roast chicken and greek potatoes...
- Coffee and Chocolate Fudge cake
- Very easy upside down pear and caramel cake
- Mini whisk
- Serve of seafood and pumpkin chowder
- Pot of seafood and pumpkin chowder
- Lemon - Almond Butter Cake
- More cake
- Quick canapes
- Roast pork
- Coconut crumpets with lemon butter
- Smoked salmon,eggs and hollandaise
- Mmmm cinnamon rolls. Recipe courtesy of Small Ha...
- ▼ July (14)