Thursday, February 09, 2006

Prosciutto wrapped figs with gorgonzola and torn basil.



This is one food combination I actually crave. So given that I was and the figs were looking good I was able to satisfy this craving last week. Fresh figs from my favourite fruit and vegetable shop and thinly sliced prosciutto and gorgonzola from the attached delicatessen. Fresh basil torn into pieces.

Slice the figs into eighth's and cut a small piece of gorgonzola. Wrap a piece of prosciutto (which has been cut into half lengthways) around the fig and gorgonzola. Serve as Anti pasti.

Also the figs, gorgonzola, basil and prosciutto make a great salad when combined with baby spinach. I usually made a balsalmic vinaigrette to go with the salad. Great with a veal cutlet sauteed in sage butter.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Mother of two with one of each. Wife of one.Dogless. Busy working five days a week, baking and cooking when time allows. Writing rarely these days. Wishing I had time to read more often.