Saturday, May 02, 2009

Oh happy day, I finally have a personal computer with Picasa on it and my photographs loaded onto it so I can load a photograph without to much hassle. Its only been years.....

This beautiful cake comes from this fabulous book.

It is the Apple and maple cake and for good measure I added some caramelised walnuts for some sweet crunchy texture. Quite a rustic cake and not too sweet. I won't repeat the recipe because if you don't have this cook book then I hope this cake is the reason you think about buying it. I got mine from UK Amazon with the current exchange rate its very reasonable compared to the price you can pay in $A.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Nice to see you blogging again. I have the Ottolengi book. It is fabulous isn't it.

curious said...

I love that book as well and am also pleased that you are back

Amanda said...

Hi Ladies

I will try and do some more next week, work is insane at the moment and my computer seems to be behaving itself.

Julia @ Mélanger said...

Hello, just came across your blog. I love the walnuts on this cake. It's also nice to *finally* come across another Brisbane based blogger. :)

About Me

My photo
Mother of two with one of each. Wife of one.Dogless. Busy working five days a week, baking and cooking when time allows. Writing rarely these days. Wishing I had time to read more often.